New Council Leader Radio Interview
Written by Steve Edwards on November 5, 2019
Article Published on Tuesday November 5, 2019 10:02 PM by Steve Edwards
- Daventry News - New Council Leader Radio Interview
The new Conservative Leader at Daventry District Council came in to speak to Daventry Radio today and answered a number of questions about district and country matters that affect Daventry and its residents. Not all of his answers were ‘as expected’ and you might be surprised as some of his thoughts about his new role and the future for Daventry as our political environment changes.
Here is just a little of the ground we covered and the podcast will be linked here very soon.
- Tell us a little about your background – how did you get into politics – what did you do before?
- As a former police officer and having sometimes seeing the very worst in society – has this prepared you for working in politics?
- How much time do you spend working in your role as a county counsellor versus the time you spend as a district counsellor?
- Brexit: – how much confidence do you think the voting public have left in our politicians?
- What local ‘needs’ are top of your priority list at the moment?
- What difference will the new Unitary Authorities mean to Daventry residents?
- How will it work – was processes will we have to go through to get to the new system?
- Daventry Town centre – people either love it or hate it… are high rents killing the high street?
- As a member of the Northamptonshire Police, Fire & Crime Panel and a former officer yourself… What are your thoughts about the need for more officers to be recruited? People want better police responses and more visible policing.
Photo of New Council Leader Radio Interview | All Text and Images are the Copyright property of Steve Edwards unless otherwise stated above. Where the Copyright ownership does not sit with Steve Edwards the text and images are used under the creative commons and fair use frameworks with the relevant credits offered.